Pirates, Bandits and Brigands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign Languages

2 posters

Go down

Foreign Languages Empty Foreign Languages

Post  Benjamin Parts Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:08 am

So I spread the word amongst Belgian roleplayers, when I was at Avatar, and met with some interest. Which of course says nothing, but suppose some would come and attend. Quite a few of the traveling players have been to the Gathering and Renewal and stuff and will have no problems. But the Avatar pirates specifically are all Wallonian who seem to be struggling with foreign languages more than the Flemish are. So their question was: would it be okay for them to participate as a French speaking group. (If they come, it`ll probably only be as a group, to cover travel expenses.) My initial reaction was that if they came as French corsairs, it would be only natural for them to be a French speaking group, but just to be sure I though I`d ask here.
They do understand rudimentary English and the system has no calls, so I don`t expect any trouble concerning understanding the rules. I also think it would give an atmospheric polish to have some foreign ships in port. Interacting with other players and with the public, will be harder, as they struggle to keep up a simple conversation.
So, would it be a problem?

Benjamin Parts

Back to top Go down

Foreign Languages Empty Re: Foreign Languages

Post  Admin Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:29 am

French corsairs are more than welcome I am sure. I will try and brush up my French although most native speakers usually point out I have a north African accent due to leanring most of it when working there. Laughing

Admin
Admin

https://the-pirates.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum